Thursday, August 6, 2015

First Annual San Jose International Harajuku Walk 2015!!

San Jose Harajuku Fashion Walk 2015



Oh my gosh y'all, the walk was SO fun! I met with so many new people, some were even from the Santa Cruz area as well! I was honestly very nervous about the whole thing but eventually collected my thoughts and just had fun! 

Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to get a full outfit picture (Since I was coordinating the event, I was running around like a mad woman!) but I managed to get at least a head shot and some pictures of me with others! I chose to wear Decora to the event and was very pleased to see that two of my other friends did too! My boyfriends little sister Sam tagged along, who was such a good sport, and let me dress her up in Decora as well! 

It was a bit hot in San Jose that day, so I was very glad that we decided to do it as early as we could. A few of us decided to get some yummy lunch at Veggie Grill before the walk started since we all had to meet there anyways. We had a lot of people taking pictures of us and telling us how great we all looked! I know a few people were initially very worried about doing it in Santana Row, but as for what I personally gathered, we didn't have any trouble at all. It seemed that people were more intrigued and interested in what we were doing.

We ended up walking all around the Row, crossed the street the busy street that leads to Valley Fair, and shopped around the mall for a good while! A few of the Lolita's had to leave early due to another event up in the bay, but I'm very glad that some of them were able to make it to the walk as well! 

I didn't get many pictures afterwards (I was pretty exhausted at that point), but after the walk a group of us enjoyed some yummy food at Happiness Cafe. It's this all Vegan place and they serve ice cream, shakes, and other various food items. My favorite was their version of a "tuna" melt and their coffee ice cream :3 I really cannot wait to plan another one of these. I honestly had such an amazing time and I hope to make next years International Harajuku Fashion Walk even bigger! I kind of would like to plan out a winter one, but DEFINITELY would like to organize one at Fanime 2016! Stay tuned I guess ;)







    






The closest thing for a full body picture of me! But here I am with the lovely Kelsey who came down all the way from Sacramento!


Kelsey, Me, Christine, and Mary! 

Once again, thank you all SO much for coming out to hang and be a part of something historic for the J Fashion community in the Bay Area! Hope to see you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment